Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Thankful ~ In Spite of Curve Balls


Life threw us a curve ball this past weekend when my mom (who is 80) fell and broke her leg.  Witnessing her in pain at the ER was almost more than I could bear ~ I wanted to wave a magic wand and wish us out of there.  

Nonetheless, the events of the past few days reminded me all over again how I should be thankful for the most simplest things.  So I awoke this morning recognizing how my comfy bed cradled me in its squishiness and I made an extra effort to notice the crispness of the sheets and how they felt cool on my skin. 


I indulged myself with an extra long shower and was grateful for the hot stream of water that splashed on my face.  Nothing helps me wake up quicker.


Even a kitchen sink full of dirty dishes was a welcomed sight.  I'm glad my family's tummies are always full.


Later, the menial task of folding a load of laundry was especially therapeutic as I acknowledged the warmth of clean clothes straight from the dryer.


Ordinarily, the yucky mess the swallows make on our back porch would annoy me to some degree, but not today.  Instead, I'm happy to see the swallow family has returned ~ a sign of new life and new beginnings.


And last but certainly not least, I'm grateful to share Mom is on the mend.  She made it through surgery successfully and is getting better everyday!
Hoping curve balls aren't being hurled your way today ~ so thankful for you too!

**Check out more of Tattered Style's pics here on Instagram.

6 comments :

  1. I've spent many hours in emergency rooms with my aging parents. It does make you hug yourself and appreciate all that is around you. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely reminder to be content and grateful in all circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Beth ~ thanks for stopping by.
      :) Dana

      Delete
  3. Glad your Mom is on the mend... and you are absolutely right, a Grateful Heart seeks out and finds what makes Life Beautiful!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Yes, so very thankful mom is up and around. And so happy to hear from an Arizona Bohemian. Blessings to you too.
      :) Dana

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...